What Do Hamsters Eat – Foods They Actually EnjoyJune 6, 2022
Types of Transparent FishJune 6, 2022
One of the most popular types of pets that Americans own is fish. This article will give you a lot of cool details and facts about the crowntail betta fish. Keep reading this article especially if you want to own this beautiful, although pretty aggressive fish.
The Betta, also known as the Crowntail betta fish, is one of the more popular freshwater fish species. People also call it Betta Spender, or the Siamese fighting fish. It is said to have ancestors native to the rice paddies of Cambodia and Thailand. This creature is very easy to breed and has a very beautiful and colorful structure, making it a very in-demand breed.
Care Tips for this Fish
Taking care of a betta fish won’t be as difficult as you might think. As long as you follow the tips I`m listing below, you can add this attraction to your aquarium without issues.
- You should never wash the things in the aquarium, like gravel stones, rocks, or plants, with soap. The soap can be harmful to your fish and it will be very difficult to rinse it from these types of things. If you still need clean these objects, use just warm water and brush them with an abrasive brush.
- You should aim for a PH level of exactly 7.0 in your tank. You can always check the PH level inside the water with the help of a PH testing kit. These are easily available in local pet stores. If you notice the PH level being off this number, you can go for a solution that will either decrease or increase the level of the PH to reach the needed 7.0 value.
- The easiest and most reliable way to clean the particles inside the fish tank will be to make use of a turkey baster. You don’t want to wait for the materials to settle down at the bottom of the tank either, as this will make the water pretty dirty, causing it to get a very foul odor.
- Keep in mind that they are still called fighting fish for a reason, so you should never place more than just one male in one fish tank. They will not only fight with one another, but they will fight until only one is left. These fish will only form a safe and healthy combination with algae eaters or catfish.
- A Betta fish will need the cleanest water possible to survive. Although this fish won’t need a filtration system inside the tank, it will require that the water is changed every three days inside the tank to stay clean and healthy.
- The fish also needs a tank of appropriate sizes so it has enough room to move around. They will also require a huge space in which to dwell because they are pretty active most of the time. If the tank or jar isn’t big enough, the fish might start bumping into its walls, ultimately tearing off its fins and scales.
- You should always put a lid on the jar or tank. This is a fish that will be aggressive in nature and will jump quite a lot. This is why it might even jump outside of the jar if not covered.
- You should give them brine shrimp, frozen blood worms, or other types of live food. Betta pellets are also great for these fish and they can be bought from your local pet store.
- If you try to decorate the aquarium or jar with some small rocks, you risk having your betta fish getting stuck in them. This is why to take the best possible care of these fish, you should put them in an aquarium with a smooth flat surface, where they won’t risk their life and wellbeing.
- As a final tip, keep in mind that this pet fish is a living creature. Don’t forget to feed it from time to time and take it to your vet as soon as you notice anything weird in its behavior.
Betta Fish Facts
Most people don’t know this, but Betta fish will usually get sick pretty easily. The fish will only live a healthy and long life if you give it a hygienic environment and proper care.
Most betta fish are expected to live between 2 and 3 years. There are some rare instances in which the lifespan of this fighting fish might reach 5 years.
The betta fish will have a straight spine and floating fins. You can find the fighting fish in more than 25 colors but out of all of them, people tend to prefer black, white, purple, green, blue, orange, and red.
When threatened, a male betta fish will resort to expanding its flares.
If you keep more than one male betta fish in the same tank, they will fight until just one remains.
The female betta fish will be considerably thinner than the male.
This is one of the unique aspects of fish breeding.
Betta Fish Names
Names for Betta Fish Based on Their Colors
- Golden Rod
Names for White Betta Fish
Names for Black Betta Fish
Names for Yellow Betta Fish
Names for Blue Betta Fish
This is basically all you should know about the crowntail betta fish and the betta fish in general. Following all of the dots from above will ensure that you’ll have a healthy and happy fish as a pet.